Turtle Art Names

This is a story how triumph turned into tragedy read at your own risk.

The assignment was to code the turtle to draw our names. I managed to code my entire name perfectly. I learned a lot in this experience and I hope you’ll join me in my journey.

Z

When brainstorming on my code I decided that I wanted every letter of my name to be a different color. Just so you know my name is Zaine. The Z was purple. It was the easiest to code. All I had to do was make the turtle move forward, turn, forward repeat. Keep in mind that only the Z was capitalized and all the other letters were lowercase.

A

For the A I decided to use an arc block for the code. I made an arc which is basically a circle and then coded a line coming off of it and bam A. The A was teal.

I

The I surprisingly took the most code. I had to use pen up pen down commands to make the dot on top disconnect from the I. The I was green.

N

For the N, I simply had to command the turtle to move forward, turn 120 degrees, forward, it was as easy as the Z. I made the N dark blue.

E

The E was the hardest to code. I ended up coding it pink. It took me sometime to think about how to do the E but in the end I used an arc block to make a circle but I coded it so that the circle would only go 3/4 around and stop. Then I coded a line from the end to form an E.

To keep everything organised I used action blocks to simplify my code. will writing this I don’t think I used action blocks as they were intended to be used but there’s nothing I can do now.

So far you have heard about a few of my struggles but, you have yet to hear the terrible thing fate had instore for us. Reader I advise you to leave this post and turn away if you are faint of heart. I was done with my project and my CSAI teacher Mr.Dembo gave me another project to work on. I made another project and started working and didn’t realise my fatal mistake. I forgot to save my work. My entire project was deleted and I had nothing to submit the day it was due. But thankfully I was given the opportunity to write about my post in full detail for a chance at a good grade.

1 thought on “Turtle Art Names

1. hahaha! Alright, giving you full credit for this one! I’d love to hear more about why you don’t think you were using Action blocks the way they were meant to be used tho. That seems to be an important detail.